Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Love Languages and Spiritual Gifts...


So since the beginning of time, my love language has been touch.
But recently I've really been questioning that.

Over the last 2 years I've really been into giving other people gifts.
Which I found so strange since that wasn't my love language.

But,
I think it actually is my love language.
I think Lyme has changed it from touch to gifts.

When the slightest touch can hurt so much.
When you have bad social anxiety.
You don't crave/need that touch.

However, gifts are something I can appreciate SO much more now.
And I love give!

I never thought something like this could change your love language, but obviously it can.
Maybe it will only be a temporary thing?
Until I am better?? I don't know.

But interestingly enough, I think my strongest spiritual gifts is giving.
This is so interesting as it ties into my love language.

These are times where I wonder why God doesn't bless those who enjoy giving so much, great wealth.
I can think of SO many things I could do and people I could help, if I had the money.

But for now, I work with what I have.
And in the meantime, I think I drive my sisters a little crazy taking stuff to the post office to be sent out to all the people I love!

Thank you sisters!!!

**So what is YOUR love language and or spiritual gift? I would love to hear from you all!!**

5 comments:

  1. For the Record: Trooping to the post office does not drive me crazy. :D

    There are a lot of people that l.o.v.e. to give whose love language is NOT gifts.

    You might be surprised. When your skin sensory stuff settles down you may very well crave that hug that pains you so badly now.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine has always been gifts and words of encouragement. Which work really well when you have Lyme and find someone else "new" to Lyme. Words of encouragement are great for that! And for helping a not-so-new to Lyme friend who is struggling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this record also says that we don't mind taking things to the p.o.

    my love language is quality time. :) and my gift is encouragement. i think that's what it is.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have different giving/receiving love languages.

    My giving love language is doing things for others, and unfortunately the CFS/Fibro/MIs have severely compromised my ability to do it. My cuddling ability has been limited by my nervous system, but it's typically made worse by not being touched by others rather than the other way 'round. Weird nervous system is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is very interesting that u talk about love languages as we are studying about this in my single moms class. mine would be giving and words of encouragement. is amazing how a few encouraging words can help u thru the day. hope u get better soon cousin!! love u!! LIZ

    ReplyDelete