Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

PICC-ture post....

The last couple days have been extremely hard with ER visits, infusion centers, Drs, etc. And here are pictures to explain some. But first, so you know why it started going down hill so, I'll give a quick intro.

 I started developing symptoms of a blood clot or infection in my PICC line, hence the ER, a blood clot was found, and the line had to be taken out. That is the VERY short story of a long and VERY complicated process. Just let the pictures explain the rest.


First ER visit.....much waiting. The placed was packed!!


How many lines and sticks does it take a Lymie to get a blood clot dx'ed and her PICC line removed??


A very faithful friend for over 9 months. 


Kissing it goodbye, preparing myself for the removal. I had no idea...


I was in need of much grace, and a friend suggested I write it on my hand. I loved it! 


Second ER visit.
ALWAYS were leggings or something to the ER. You WILL be exposed and freezing cold and need them!! 


The aftermath. The biggest purple spot was the insert site. 


I how I feel now. I feel as if my 5th limb was hacked off. I knew it had to come out. Wanted it out before it caused more problems. But wasn't really prepared. And I'm still left with the clot pain. And my arm feels weird just rubbing against fabric since I've worn stockinette every day for more than 9 months. 


And last but not least, God's grace is sufficient!! 

In the mean time I have to go to the infusion center daily for Lovenox shots, and Coumadin doses, and INR testing. That's for about a week, then lots of other follow up stuff that I have no energy to explain. 

Thank you all for your love and support who have been following this on FB. I'll be ok. Am ok. Just working through it. And should have another line in 3 weeks. 

Happy New Year!!! 
<3 Lynnelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment