Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I never ever thought I would say this, but for the first time in my life, I want to be 14 again. But only on a weekday from 3pm-5pm.

I miss my Grandpa and Grandma so much! I miss those after school "snacks" that often turned into near meals. I miss their old house. I miss being able to stop in ANY time. Always welcome and wanted!

Right now, I am so hungry for my Grandma's cooking. Her baked chicken, potato salad, pies, Daisey-Evers, chicken noodle soup with her homemade noodles, cornflake pudding, jello salad, and oh so much more!!

I think I am going to start planning a trip to Virginia for Thanksgiving. I don't care how sick I am. I just want to be with my Grandpa and Grandma!!

I am so blessed to have grown up next door to them all my life until I moved away. The last almost 2 years have been so incredibly hard being so far away.

I love you Grandpa and Grandma!!!


Taken the morning after I returned from Guatemala.

This is kind of silly but I can smell my Grandma right now. LOL! 


3 comments:

  1. from kim- I know exactly what you mean Lynelle. I did not have Te opportunities like you did, there is a feeling about grandmas house. When I went there it seemed I could always leave the world and my troubles behind. It was a safe zone for me. Full of comfy beds, grandmas special dishes she cooked up in the kitchen, grandpas 'stroll patrol'. Haha. I could never get in late and him not know it! If I needed a glass of water in the night, I just might find hi
    Already in the kitchen digging out the icecream. I can't forget all the dusty corners grandma would get inspired to clean while I was there with my 'young knees and back' 8) so I would help her and in the meantime I would find treasures and she would let me keep one or two of them. Cupies malts were usually on the menu before I escaped. :) I haven't been to see them yet either but I want to really bad. We are planning on being there for his 80tg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynnelle, I hope you can go for Thanksgiving! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. man you guys are just making me cry more. no, im not blaming you. just saying. yes we need to visit them for thanksgiving! only. i'll be in southern ontario for mel's wedding the wknd before, so unless i just spend the whole next wk on the east coast, it's not happening.

    ReplyDelete