Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recovering

So after a week of recovering, I am starting to wean down off the Oxy, my pain is more manageable, and my swelling is going down. I still have a couple pounds of water weight but it will gone soon, I'm sure. 

I had been back on my cane around the house, which I am really stubborn about, but I'm pretty much off it again. Which is nice, I hate using the cane around the house! Problem is my back muscles are so atrophied that I rely largely on my abdominal muscles to carry me around, and when they were impaired, I just couldn't move. But we're back with the program. Almost, still can't lay flat out very well, and sitting up is a bit of an art.  :) 

I wanted to emphasize just how amazing my experience with the River Bend Hospital was!! I've had some really really bad experiences there before but with the ER and surgery this time, I was SO impressed. They really took care of me the whole time, watching out for me and keeping everything in MY best interest. I didn't have to fight or argue a single person about the whole Lyme thing, which was SUCH a relief! And lots of the nurses were actually interested in learning more, or actually knew somebody who has/had Lyme and wanted to just talk about it. 

The only negative is that my PCP/LLND did confirm what I suspected and was concerned about in the hospital, my IV did get infected. It is still very bruised and sore and the lymph nodes in my elbow there are swollen. She said that she can feel the cords of scare tissue all the way up my vein. I'm hoping this heals up and repairs itself, I don't need anymore scare tissue in my one vein that actually usually works! I am still having fevers, which I thought should have stopped by now, so she suspects that I might still have some of that infection going on, we did labs but I guess I won't get to hear anything until Monday. 

I want to thank everybody for all your thoughts and love and prayers!! God is good, and I am healing. A bit slow going but I'm OK with that, its happening. I hope you all are well and spreading the love today!! 


<3 <3 <3 <3 
Lynnelle

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're recovering, Lynnelle. AND that you had a good experience. Hope you get your strength back soon! XOXO

    ReplyDelete